New Release + Review: Shattered Poetry by Marita A. Hansen

7:24:00 PM



Shattered Poetry by Marita A. Hansen
Series: Broken Lives #2
Publication Date: December 8th, 2016



Nothing good could come from falling for Dante. He was the forbidden fruit I should never have tasted, the apple of his gangbanging father’s eye. If the law didn’t get to me first, I would suffer worse by his father’s hand.

So, I tried to push Dante away, tried so hard not to give in to the beautiful temptation sitting in the back row of my classroom. Because I knew if I gave in to him, he could ruin my life, shattering everything that I held dear: my marriage, my career, my freedom.

But I couldn’t resist him.

And now I was going to suffer the consequences.


Tags: Taboo, Literary Fiction, Teacher/Student Relationship, English Teacher, Male Student, Mental Health Issues, Abuse, Poetry, Gangs, High School.


The BROKEN LIVES series will be broken up into two sets (duets). Each set (duet) has a self-contained, standalone story. Broken English (part 1) and Shattered Poetry (Part 2) are the first set, finishing the high school stage of Clara’s and Dante’s lives. The next set, books 3 and 4, is a new story, taking their relationship to another level.

















“And Dante was pure temptation, everything about him sinfully erotic.”

I always love a good conflict. You know when something is so impossible and you don’t have any idea how anything could be resolved because there are so many things that are at play and touching would be like setting up a domino chain?

What I love about this book was that I kept guessing. Shattered Poetry takes off from that gut-wrenching ending in Broken English. Clara and Dante has only one goal in mind: how they could feed the hunger between them and give in to the lust that is constantly consuming them. But the situation they're in and the people around them are not in their favor and there comes the good conflict.

“How do you know if you love someone?”

Dante is still an enigma, a misunderstood boy with a different sense of perspective about life, people and relationships. He still has his issues but that he has grown so much more from Broken Lives, in my opinion. I think there's still some innocence left in him and the way he looks at things sometimes, but its convoluted by the things he grew up with. What am I glad is Dante finally standing for himself.

Clara, on the other hand, is consumed by guilt and lust and as she continues to struggles, the choices and decisions she made makes my heart skip a beat. Although, quite at some point I started hating her. Well, not really hate hate. The hate love kind of thing. It's complicated.

But my heart, it was actually torn with Markus' outburst. And yes, when he shouted what I felt about him? I felt scared and at the same time, pity.



This book does not only look into relationships and issues that are sometimes taken for granted by the society, but also looks closely to those unruly boys in school. Most of them are misunderstood and I felt for them, because well, all they wanted was attention and someone to listen to them. Clara, as a teacher, provided that to Dante. But her feelings went beyond what is socially acceptable. The struggle that she felt takes hold of you and keeps you on the precipice, never letting you fall.

This was a great story of love, betrayal and devotion, of innocence, danger and tragedy. A perfect mix that would keep you addicted, wanting for more fix!

“But that was the thing with her. I didn’t have to think when we were in the moment. I only had to feel. And the feeling was out of this world.”



Books in the series:


ღ . ღ .ღ. (F) BR with the Shhluts! .ღ. ღ . ღ






Check out book 1, Broken English:







For me, the name Dante conjured up two images. The first was the epic depictions of Hell from Dante's Inferno, with people burning for their sins. The second image was a sexual depiction. I don't know where it came from, but as far back as I can remember, I had always associated the name Dante with a beautiful and sexy man. I'd imagined a dark-haired, dark-eyed, gorgeous lothario, the type who could capture a woman's heart with just one look. Dante was the Fabio of my generation, the heartthrob that got women's hearts beating fast, made us want this man to rip our clothes off and to throw us onto the bed.

Little did I know that the Dante that walked into my life was very different from the one I'd imagined. Oh, he was dark-haired, dark-eyed, gorgeous, even a lothario ... just ... he wasn't a man. Instead, he was someone who was going to send me to the Hell his namesake had written about.

And I was his teacher.





SOME FACTS ABOUT ME:

NATIONALITY: I am a New Zealander with Croatian heritage.

SPORTS: As a teenager my favourite sports were karate, badmington, and running. I also did unarmed combat and played in a touch rugby team (my gym teacher made me do the last one!) Now, I stick to coaching soccer and running. I have completed two marathons, numerous half-marathons and one 30K run.

CAREER PATH: I started off as a Graphic Designer, then went to Auckland University, where I got a BA degree in Art History and Italian Studies and a post-graduate Honours degree in Art History. I worked in the Art History field, then became a full-time artist, doing commissions. I eventually lost all of my senses and gave it up to be a writer :)

FAVOURITE FOODS: I'm vegetarian. I love pasta based foods, tofu, chocolate mousse and golden queen peaches.

BAD HABITS: I'm a major procrastinator, I stay up way too late writing, and I get distracted easily unless it's doing something I love. STATUS: Married to my high school sweetheart (which he hates me calling him). We have two kids.

Apart from her Author Facebook Page, where she talks about her books, she has a blogsite.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like my Page on Facebook

Pinterest