Big bad wolf. . .

4:27:00 PM

Book Review: Better When He's Bad (Welcome to the Point #1)
                          by Jay Crownover



Welcome to the Point.

There’s a difference between a bad boy and a boy who’s bad . . . meet Shane Baxter.

Sexy, dark, and dangerous, Bax isn’t just from the wrong side of the tracks, he is the wrong side of the tracks. A criminal, a thug, and a brawler, he’s the master of bad choices, until one such choice landed him in prison for five years. Now Bax is out and looking for answers, and he doesn’t care what he has to do or who he has to hurt to get them. But there’s a new player in the game, and she’s much too innocent, much too soft…and standing directly in his way.

Dovie Pryce knows all about living a hard life and the tough choices that come with it. She’s always tried to be good, tried to help others, and tried not to let the darkness pull her down. But the streets are fighting back, things have gone from bad to worse, and the only person who can help her is the scariest, sexiest, most complicated ex-con The Point has ever produced.

Bax terrifies her, but it doesn’t take Dovie long to realize that some boys are just better when they’re bad.



“You don’t need anyone to show you how to be good, you’re so much better when you’re bad.”

I’ve thought long hard, started writing and erasing a million thoughts but to be honest, I didn’t really know how to start my review. I guess it was the same feeling I felt starting this read, I was hesitant and having second thoughts and I was never sure if I should really start now or later or yeah, you get it. But surprise, surprise. Once I started, I never knew how to stop.


“I never really cared about what I gave the chicks I was with before her, but for some reason, I felt like anytime she let me get my hands on her, I had to make it count.”


Bax is an enigma for me. He has a very complex personality with different layers and I want to peel each and every one of them. He seems like he is so easy to read, but beyond that, I see him shrouded in mystery and danger and I just wanted to be drawn in him and to be surrounded by all that is Shane Baxter.

Dovie is someone I wanted to bash the head in the nearest wall and break her skull. She knows she was acting irrational and stupid and yet she can’t seem to make the logic stick in her brain and follow it. Seriously. But I was actually thankful she did. And good thing luck was with her. I’ve actually liked her. The light in all the darkness in the story. Somehow, whether she was tainted or not, I’ve come to like her personality and character.

Together, I actually find them cute. A perfect match. The good and the bad. The light and the dark. The naïve and the tainted.



“I felt like I had a part of him inside me, burning, twisting, and throbbing in time with my heartbeat.”
This was a very enjoyable read. Hot and scorching on some pages, yes because I’ve actually looked forward to that kitchen scene, and emotional and heart-racing on some. I love the mix of heartache and humor, and of violence and tenderness, and of love and rage.


I’m new to this Author and yes, I’m actually thankful I was introduced to her works. Just, wonderful!


“Do you want me to lie to you or tell you the truth?”

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like my Page on Facebook

Pinterest