Review: Heart's Revenge (Heart Breaker) by Cole Saint Jaimes

3:12:00 PM

26022684


HEART's REVENGE
(HEART BREAKER previous title)
by COLE SAINT JAIMES
Rating: ★★★★☆

Dirty Hot Talker


“When we fuck, it’s like the entire world’s on fire, and we’re just letting it burn, oblivious of the fact that the fire’s consuming us, turning us to ash.”


So, I don’t really know how to review this. My mind has a jumble of words of everything I wanted to say and quite frankly, it’s giving me a headache. Enough of my ramblings. Let me tell you my journey while reading this book.

I have started this awhile while back. Like super so long ago because I know this is truly one hot read. I feel it in my gut. I don’t have to set expectations because I just know. But I wasn’t feeling it at that time and I don’t want to push it. I wanted to enjoy this and enjoy was what I did.




I’ve already said hot, right? The story was a slow build up, getting to know the characters one on one. Getting intimate. Like they’ve become my childhood friends and every thought and actions of them I know what that means. How their mind works. The character development and growth. Something I’m very particular with in the characters of the book I’m reading. And of course, the anticipation.


“The female form is perfect in all its various shapes and sizes. It’s a work of art. A miracle, meant to be worshipped.”
Essie. I actually like her. She’s a responsible adult who knows responsibility and sacrifices well. Assertive. Confident. But there’s hatred and grief in her heart that clouds her judgment and she have a hard time to let go with.
“I know what I want and I go after it when I’m with a guy.”


“Sometimes a man will look at you a certain way and you just know he wants to fuck you.”
Aidan. He’s the hot surfer dude turned businessman. Totally hot. Fucking hot. But he’s angsty and kind of a happy-go-lucky. Despite that though, his trait that I like most is his perception in life. To be just contented and do something that he enjoys and not because it is what society dictates. And of course, he’s such a dirty talker. Hot damn!
“I’ve always been sexually charged, Ess. I like to fuck. I’d go so far as to say it’s my favorite pastime.”


I didn’t mind the dual POV. It was just perfect because as I get to know them, I’m able to follow their line of thinking and thoughts. I was sucked and along with it are my emotions. The grief and pain they have endured. Even though I know it was coming, the author somehow made it seem so real that I was able to feel it. Deep. But the one thing that held me back for giving this being a 5★ read is that the pacing was too slow for my taste. I guess I wanted it to hurry a bit and a little less on the back story of every decision. Other than that, this has been an enjoyable hot read.

“She locks her legs around my waist, lifting her hips, and suddenly we’re in that amazing zone where I’m balls-deep inside her and everything just… fits. It’s incredible. Fuck. Too incredible.”


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like my Page on Facebook

Pinterest