ARC Review: Sugar Baby Beautiful by J.J. McAvoy

4:10:00 PM

Sugar Baby Beautiful

When twenty-four-year-old Felicity Harper is dragged to a sugar party, an event where wealthy men and women seek “companionship,” she never expects this one simple decision to drastically change her whole life.

Her past is nothing but broken dreams and heartache. Her present is detached and dull. And her future? Well, before meeting Theodore Darcy, the famed film director, writer, producer and CEO of Darcy Entertainment, she would have expected more of the same. Love is just a fantasy and she wants no part of it—even if she can’t deny the undeniable attraction between the two of them.

So their arrangement is simple: sex with no strings attached.
But as their intimacy becomes more powerful, so do Felicity’s demons. Can Theo really shoulder her past and his own? And could Felicity even let him








“We women can’t let our scars show because we’re told no one will want us if we do.”

UPDATE:

This story is so much more than what you expect. It’s one of the many reasons why this book endears to me so much. You think you got the story figured out, but then J.J. McAvoy takes you another ride and then bam! surprise hits you in the face when it’s not it’s supposed to be. This is like a wild ride, and yet you get to realize why this is Sugar Baby Beautiful.

It’s what this makes it a page turner for me. The mystery. The slow build up to something heartbreaking and beautiful. And as the mystery is unraveled, there is still something there that makes your heart race and skip a beat because you feel like there is something more. Well, there is really.

“Tonight we unleash Felicity Harper into the world.”

I like Felicity. Her ability to know what she wants and go for it, confident, intelligent and something else.

“I don’t need a gentleman, Theo. I need an alpha.”

I’m not really sure how to do this. I’m a bit selfish because I wanted this to be about just Felicity. But Theo, I love the man. And I can’t just take him for granted. Gah, if you won’t fall in love with him, you’re a tragedy waiting to happen. Seriously, that’s just means you’re blind.


“There is a wild side to all of us. Why not indulge a little?”

It’s another reason why I love this book. I had fun, I had a laugh, and I experience the different movie clichés. And I get to realize that broken alpha men were so cliché and yet we still fall for them. But yes, that is cliché that Theo decided he doesn’t want to be that man and yet I still love him.

My most favorite part of this book, was the most cliché scene in every romantic movie. I know, right?



“It’s like any other relationship; I give to you and you give to me, and at the end of the day, we’re both happy.”


Original Post:
I’m not really ready to write any review yet, and I’m still having a hard time organizing my thoughts. That doesn’t mean I don’t have much to say and I’m grasping with words, but because I’m feeling a high , let me take what the heroine said to explain the high drug addicts feel to what I actually feel at the moment: everything is beautiful in that one moment, and there’s so much words in my head that I wanted to crawl up and find a UF book to escape that high.

Well, I felt that this book pressures me to make an effort to express what I feel not because it was given as an ARC, but because I was moved and inspired and I felt so much more in this moment.

I’ll write an update, what I’m saying may change, add some arts because I’m seeing this beautiful picture in my head, a beautiful moment, and even if I read something soon, the thoughts and the words will still be embedded in my mind until I’m able to transfer those stuff into something graphic.

I’m making this mellow, but deep inside I’m freaking out, screaming and God knows what else. There is so much going on in this story that I wanted to just blurt out everything but I don’t want to spoil anyone’s reading. I guess what I’m saying is that, this is Sugar Baby Beautiful and I hope I’ll be able to see this in the big screen.





Amazon Link

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like my Page on Facebook

Pinterest