Let's talk about your desires..

4:43:00 PM

28010254



ARC Review:
Pleasure Pain or Purpose: Book One- Pleasure
by Al Daltrey







Pleasure Pain or Purpose: Book One- Pleasure is the story of three best friends. This book focuses on Pleasure.

To be honest, I don’t know what I was getting into when I started reading this, just that the title and the cover was so entrancing for me, I wanted to get my hands on it. And of course, Al Daltrey was one of the Authors in our #ShhMaleAuthorEvent and chatting with him was an eye opener.

I usually start my review with a quote, as it helps me with where I wanted to take this review or the flow but when I checked my annotations, fully expecting of highlights, I realized I had none. Not because there was nothing that jump out for me, mind you, but because I was just enjoying reading this book and self analyzing if it does applies to me, or who I know of, that I’ve got nothing. Yep, face palm to myself.

As the title suggest, this book was about pleasure. But don’t let it misguide you. What I love about the book is that it focuses on you as a person, or of individual female of what fantasies or act will give them the most pleasure or what they desire sexually.

The book has three main characters, and it’s like I had a taste of everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. It encompass everything. No holds barred. Also, it explores relationships of us with our friends, or with partners. Of how females usually are.

What surprises me the most is that while reading, I was actually thinking a woman is writing this book. Because how can a male write that sounds like he’s a female, and do it so effortlessly? Seriously. And how can that male author just know how it is how a female, or different females, act in situations? I mean. Yeah, it boggles my mind.

Sexuality is my favorite topic in non-fiction books especially when it’s about exploring what you like sexually, owning it, making that desires yours. I like how it brings someone’s confidence, especially of a female. And how she is able to express it literally. But explaining your kink, your desires to your friends that isn’t in the lifestyle nor who enjoys kink, well, this definitely was the answer to that question I had in my mind.

Seriously, this is by far the best book I’ve read that explores that idea. This was just so beautiful it took me days to find words to express how this book has just touched me.

The writing style of the Author was also new to me and it took me less time getting used to with it, but when I had, it just made me want to devour the pages as fast as I can.

I can’t wait to read what’s next. This is a serious must read.




#ShhMaleAuthorEvent in Goodreads: https://goo.gl/B5YSlr







View all my reviews

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like my Page on Facebook

Pinterest