Happy 2017!

10:29:00 PM


Book Musings

One of my many goals this year: finish books I started reading in 2016. Yes books, apparently there's just so many! Not counting the ebooks since these are just the signed paperbacks I've been trying to carry with me, inhale the smell of the pages, sigh in contentment, admire the book, and dream of all the things I could do. Reading a paperback is quite distracting!

Also, I've been trying to read books that aren't my usual read, and something out of my comfort zone. I guess I wanted to explore to new things and fresh ideas or information I haven't read before. Or just might be the the fact that my horoscope said my love life for this year will be in hibernation. Fucking horoscope.

Although me and my college friends have come up with quite an idea. Since I don't plan to marry anyone from my town, because if that happens I already who I'll eventually end up with just so, we'd be pushing an out of the country trip. It'll be a first time for most of us so I better really make time for a passport appointment, lol, and of course, saving up for it.

My 2016 summer escapade is already planned out, schedules fixed and destination all decided, and there's that one place in this country I wanted to visit because holy smokes the beaches! Hopefully, I'll be able to make it with that other summer escapade.

On another note, I hope I will be able to do that one thing I've been trying all 2016, be organized! I was an organized mess, but I think my kiddo's OCD will stick to my skin, so there's that. One thing I've been hoping to organize? Books I've read. I will definitely catch up on it and update everything.

Anyhow, hello old hobby. I'll be exploring baking and making candies! Something that smells so good, and relax me in a way nothing ever did. I love food.  Hoping for a healthy and fit year, and gaining a lot of weight.

Happy 2017! Life is beautiful!



Book Facts:

📌 The open book is Super Mum!: Frazzled, Frumpy and Fabulous! by Stacey Broadbent. She's a new-to-me Author (I love new-to-me Authors!).

31693275
Motherhood. It’s one of life’s journeys that some of us choose to partake in. It’s a crazy ride, full of ups and downs and in-betweens.







Stacey Broadbent
I have three beautiful children who keep me on my toes, and a husband who lets me pick his brain for my book ideas. I am an author, book review blogger and proof-reader. I love to read and discover new authors, and share them with the world :)

Oh, and did I mention, I also write a food blog in my spare time. Self-confessed foodie right here!


📌 This book is actually my first signed paperback and the first real book I've own and touch after a couple of years of been just reading through ebook. I also love the CD that came with it and it became my bedtime music. 😂

23590412
A Bedtime Story is an erotic thriller. It is a love story, not a romance. Book 1 ends on a cliffhanger and acts as the backstory to Book 2 & 3. 

Laura Spencer. Young, pretty, introverted. She worked at a local deli, where she left more broken plates than collected tips. Apologizing to aggravated waiters and cowering from overfriendly male clients made up most of her social interaction. The only friends she had lived inside the pages of books or on movie screens, offering slim comfort during the long, dark nights of her lonely life. Every two weeks, a postcard was delivered through her mail. She lived for those deliveries.


Peter Spencer. Her brother, her lifelong protector and her only family. The only one who truly knew her, who would sacrifice it all for her. Peter made a bad decision, involving the worst kind of people.

Kayne Malkin. Tall, dark and handsome. He belonged to the Organization, the Quebec fraction of a ruthless Russian Mafia. He was known for many things. He killed and tortured for a living. He seduced and destroyed for pleasure. But above all else, he built his reputation on one trait only. Kayne Malkin never lied. Not to the men he interrogated, not to the women he set his sights on. He got what he wanted, while staring them in the eye. Honest and remorseless. Kayne Malkin’s assignment: The Peter Spencer case.


On the first warm spring night, while Montreal celebrated the passing of winter, Laura reluctantly accepted to accompany a coworker out on the town. Kayne smirked by himself seeing her arrive, all dolled up, looking uncomfortable. Lurking in the shadows, he patiently waited. The trap was set.

WARNING: Contains explicit sexual content, dubious consent and criminal activities. This series is recommended for 18+.






L. C. Moon is a graduate of Concordia University. She lives in Montreal with her husband, black Labrador, and Calico cat.

She has written several poems and a few short stories. A Bedtime Story is her first novel. As with all her other works, it touches on themes such as forbidden fantasy, duality and inner struggle.

A Bedtime Story is intended as the first installment of A Bedtime Story trilogy.



Food Fact:



📌 The baked goodie is called macaroons but to be specific, it's called coconut macaroon. The Filipino version uses desiccated coconut, butter, condensed milk, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and flour. It is best when its golden brown but I prefer mine closely burnt. There's so many recipes you can find but I've changed mine depending on how I want my macaroons taste and texture will be when baked. Its the only baked thing I'm actually good at because its so easy to do!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like my Page on Facebook

Pinterest