Riveting, beautiful and so fucking hot!

3:05:00 PM

25980664



ARC Review: Bend Me by Sophia Scarlet







“Eliza dear,” he rasps, sending spikes of heat straight to my dripping, wanton slit, “we’re about to get very well acquainted.”


Exploring sexuality is one of my most favorite area in reading books and this one offers that. Agnes has been living by the sidelines, numb and just letting the world pass her by. Somehow, she wanted to reclaim herself, the old her before she became the shell that she is now.


I had a hard time connecting with Agnes at first. The first few chapters were too fast for me to ease into the character, to build up the anticipation I’ve wanted and get into the feel of things. But as I went on, I am captivated and just wanting to see where everything will go.

What hooked me more than anything else is that I felt Agnes’ character deep. Like she is me, and I am her. Numb and wanting to feel. And that I can’t seem to grasp what will happen next. In a good way, because there’s no predictability. It’s like I have to focus more or minutiae might pass without me noticing it.


I’ve actually thought long and hard. This was a great read but something is missing for me. I guess it’s that I felt disconnect with David. Oh, I want him and his intensity and all that he can offer, but I want Marcus. There’s something in him that draws me more than David. But, considering the supporting characters in the whole book, everything kind of work out actually and I love the dynamics.

I think I expected more hurt too. I wanted to be immersed in Agnes’ character that I want to feel her numbness and her loss in a very deep level. I understand her actions and everything she is going through, but my mind is saying that if you don’t have something so precious taken away from you like Agnes had, you wouldn’t really understand what she is going through.


Sophia Scarlet is a new to me Author. There’s no expectations and I was going in blind. But she writes in a way that makes me think of the book and analyze it while enjoying it at the same time. I am excited about Agnes’ journey and what her decisions might be.

Aside from my thoughts and issues, this book is riveting, beautiful and so fucking hot!

“She’s meant to be mine forever.”


Absolution Series should be read in order:
Bend Me (Absolution, #1) by Sophia Scarlet Break Me (Absolution, #2) by Sophia Scarlet Bind Me (Absolution #3) by Sophia Scarlet


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like my Page on Facebook

Pinterest