Even if it takes me fighting for the both of us.

2:53:00 PM

Take (Need #2)

ARC Review: Take by K.I. Lynn and N. Isabelle Blanco






“Love isn’t a choice. It’s a force, and there’s nothing you can do to stop it. You can fight it, but in the end all you do is cause yourself the pain you were trying to avoid in the first place.”



This definitely is an ugly cry book. I don’t know what’s with me and the waterworks, but damn, it hurts.


The story pick up after Kira pushed Brayden, not literally, away at her 18th birthday. Brayden realized that’s it was time to claim what was his and he’s finally ready considering Kira has reached the legal age.

It was heartache after another heartache for me. I hurt for Brayden. He was immature and he was broken but he was man enough to accept he was wrong and no matter comes his way, even if Kira kept on breaking his heart by refusing him, he would do that over and over again just to gain her forgiveness and absolution for all the wrongs that he have done to her. It hurt so much that I think any man would have given up, but no matter, Brayden is relentless. I love his text messages and the pictures he’s been sending, hot damn.
“I hate you!”
“And I fucking love you.”

Kira on the other hand, has been pushing herself to Brayden ever since she can remember and she had have finally enough. That heart can only take so much. She was broken beyond repair, unable to trust and to forget, unable to overcome everything that has she have felt. She wanted to finally give her heart a break and a chance to heal.

This installment focuses on Brayden trying his best to win Kira.


I love that there was character growth. They fell in love so young and what they have was beyond normal. They’ve made immature decisions and made mistakes, but the ability to accept them and change for the better was what I love most.

Although I know where this was headed, I still continued to read because I love how the Authors showed how the characters grew into what they are and the in-between along the chapters are worthwhile of my time. Especially that I’ve also gotten more of Kira’s brother, Ryan and his girlfriend Dana. I love the dynamics of their relationship and the over-protectiveness bordering on being an asshole.

But no matter, I’m giving this read 4★ because the push and pull between the characters was draining for me emotionally and I think the story could have ended here. I know, I get the whole picture, but that doesn’t mean I have to be happy about it.

Also, I still have issues with the dates. I hate it. It makes me think of how many months has passed, what day it was. It makes me conscious and considering I have a weakness for dates, it kind of disrupts the continuity of my reading.

Fair warning though, this book ends in a damn cliffhanger and really, I couldn’t wait what would happen next. Everything is so complicated that I wanted to know how everything would unravel. And how they will able to get pass the trouble they happen to land into, and finally claim their ever after.

“Keep fighting me, because I’m not going to stop fighting for you.”


PURCHASE LINKS:
US: http://amzn.to/1MQeY04
UK: http://amzn.to/22IdPn5


Note: This should be read in order:
Need (Need, #1) by K.I. Lynn Take (Need, #2) by K.I. Lynn

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like my Page on Facebook

Pinterest